“Seeing, Facilitating, and Assessing Systems Change” is a publication that focuses on how funders can design for, and measure, progress on systems change. Based on workshops in Kenya, Colombia, India, and the United States, case studies, and evolving practices in the field of philanthropy, this publication also provides recommendations for:
- How to better empower grantees through streamlining, collaboration, and increased responsiveness.
- When, how, and with whom to share lessons.
- The implications of funders exiting systems they have been supporting.
- Recognizing and working with government and the private sector as partners in systems change efforts.
- How mapping systems can help funders better develop robust theories of change.